Help Free Dr. Mutulu Shakur!
Mutulu has now been incarcerated for over 21 years. We are making an urgent plea for your support for the next phase of work for Mutulu’s freedom. We must continue our individual and collective commitment of support and work until Mutulu all our political prisoners are free!!
1. We need your financial support for Dr. Shakur’s legal defense, commisary, publishing projects, upkeep of websites and much more.
Click on the following button to donate by credit card, PayPal or e-check to the Family & Friends of Dr. Mutulu Shakur Committee (FFMS). Please note that this donation will not be tax deductible at this time. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation please follow instructions below under #2.
3. Send money to Mutulu for commissary (US postal money orders only).
Do not send any correspondence with commissary. This is the federal processing facility for commissary for all Federal prisoners:
Federal Bureau of Prisons
DR. MUTULU SHAKUR 83205.012
PO BOX 474701
DES MOINES, IOWA 50947
The deposit must be in the form of a money order made out to the inmate’s full name and eight digit register number. The Bureau of Prisons will return funds that do not have valid inmate information to the sender provided the envelope has an adequate return address. Personal checks and cash can not be accepted for deposit.
The sender’s name and return address must appear on the upper left hand corner of the envelope to ensure that the funds can be returned to the sender in the event that they can not be posted to the inmate’s account. The deposit envelope must not contain any items intended for delivery to the inmate. The Bureau of Prisons shall dispose of all items included with the funds.
4. To write to Mutulu use his actual, regular address. If sending books, you can ONLY send three soft cover books per package:
Dr. Mutulu Shakur, # 83205-012
FCI Victorville Medium II
Federal Correctional Institution
PO Box 5300
Adelanto, Ca. 92301
Do not send commissary $ directly to the prison.
Please note, any visiting application will be denied if there is no established relationship so always send a personal visiting form or additionally, a
statement of the relationship between Mutulu Shakur and the person who is requesting to visit Mutulu and a statement of Mutulu’s value to the person who is requesting to visit Mutulu. Also send Mutulu a copy of that letter so Mutulu is aware of it. What follows is a list of reasons for being denied visiting rights:
- Cannot be located at address given
- Has a prior record
- No meaningful relationship established prior to incarceration
- Relationship not determined to be constructive in Nature
- Administrative reasons
- Other visits / corresponding with other inmates
5. Watch the bulletin board, attend events and pass out literature.
6. Stay informed.
7. Send prayers, Reiki, positive energy, and light a candle every week for Mutulu in support of his freedom!