Help Free Dr. Mutulu Shakur!
Mutulu has now been incarcerated for over 30 years. We are making an urgent plea for your support for the next phase of work for Mutulu’s freedom. We need your financial support for his legal defense, commissary, and much more. We must continue our individual and collective commitment of support and work until Mutulu and all political prisoners are free!!
1. Click on the ‘Donate’ button to the right to donate by credit card or e-check to Family & Friends of Dr. Mutulu Shakur (FFMS), or mail check or money order following the instructions under #2.
2. We have formed a partnership with the Community Aid and Development Corp that allows for tax deductible donations to Family & Friends of Dr. Mutulu Shakur. To make a tax deductible donation, send check or money order made out to Community Aid and Development Corp. to P. O. Box 361270, Decatur, GA 30036-1270. At the same time, fill out this pledge form so we know to expect your contribution.
3. Send money to Mutulu’s commissary account which he needs to make phone calls, purchase stamps, etc. in one of 3 ways:
*US postal money order: Do not send any correspondence with the money order. This is the processing facility for Federal prisoners:
Federal Bureau of Prisons
DR. MUTULU SHAKUR #83205-012
PO BOX 474701
DES MOINES, IOWA 50947
The deposit must be in the form of a money order made out to the inmate’s full name and eight-digit register number. The Bureau of Prisons will return funds that do not have valid inmate information to the sender provided the envelope has an adequate return address. Personal checks and cash can not be accepted.
*Western Union: via in-person location, over the phone (dial 1-800-634-3422 and choose option 2), or online at www.westernunion.com and select “Quick Collect.” A credit/debit card will be required. While there is a fee to this service, funds will post no later than the next morning to Mutulu’s account.
*Money Gram: via in-person location or go to www.moneygram.com/paybills. Enter the Receive Code for the Federal Bureau of Prisons (7932) and the amount you are sending (up to $300). For the recipient’s account name, use “83205012Shakur.” First time users will have to set up an account. A MasterCard or Visa credit card is required. While there is a fee to this service, funds will post no later than the next morning to Mutulu’s account.
4. To write to Mutulu, use the following address. If sending books, you can ONLY have up to three soft cover books per package sent directly from a publisher or distributor:
Dr. Mutulu Shakur #83205-012
P.O. Box 3900
Adelanto, CA 92301
Do not send commissary money directly to the prison.
5. Visit Dr. Shakur by requesting a visiting form directly from him when you write to him. Please note: visiting applications for people outside of immediate family will be denied if there is no established relationship prior to his incarceration so indicate how you know him on the visiting form. Also send Mutulu a copy of that letter so he is aware of it. What follows is a list of reasons for being denied visiting rights:
- Cannot be located at address given
- Has a prior record
- No meaningful relationship established prior to incarceration
- Relationship not determined to be constructive in nature
- Administrative reasons
- Other visits / corresponding with other inmates
7. Send prayers, Reiki, positive energy, and light a candle every week for Mutulu in support of his freedom!